Saturday, July 4, 2009

July 4th, Nutstyle

I have spent the last three days holed up in a conference room with 50 of my closest friends. We wanted to commemorate American Independance the right way, so we re-created the hammering out of the language used in the Declaration of Independance. I don't know if I was being exactly true to history, because I got shot down pretty quickly when I suggested that the document be written in German, and also when I tried to get the voting age down to 6. Also, nobody seemed to like it when I suggested that insects be considered 1/34 of a human.
Today, now that we have the document exactly the way we want it, we will spend the rest of the day by dressing up in our time-period costumes (I am John Adams, by the way), and we will sign the Declaration, declaring ourselves free from the British.

1 comment: